This started as a simple tank replacment and when another input line was discovered along with a crumbling leachfield, it became more challenging. The owners insisted on a concrete tank. With 4 beds we used a 1,250 gallon from Vaughn.
Design of system: TBC (tank replacement site plan)
Aggregate Supplier: NA
Plastic Supplier: Plastics Inc.
Tank Supplier: Vaughn Concrete
Excavating the new mainline was challenging due to trees, and the proximity of the existing field. Several 45’s and 22.5’s. It was a mess.
We tried to connect to the existing field pipe, and this is what we found: 1/2 diameter clay pipe.
This field was installed in the 40’s or 50’s.
After permission from Weld county to lay new pipe over this clay, we dug the tank hole.
Tank arrived from Vaughn and we attempted to lower it into place.
Then the driver said the power lines where too close so we have to start all over from the other side of the hole. =(
We eventially passed inspection, backfilled, and completed the job. This was certainly one of the simple jobs that tried our patients. Oh well, comes with the territory; off to the next. Another successful tank replacement from: